We offer tailored real estate financing solutions to meet operator growth capital needs.
Freehold Properties Inc is an internally managed REIT focused on acquiring and owning specialized agricultural, industrial, and retail cannabis properties leased to experienced, state- licensed operators for their regulated adult-use and medical-use cannabis cultivation, processing, and retail facilities.
About Freehold Properties, Inc.
Freehold Properties Inc is a real estate investment company executing long-term absolute net lease and mortgage real estate financing transactions in the cannabis industry including but not limited to cultivation, production, and retail real assets. Our investment strategy is focused on the operator first followed by states with preferred regulatory environments and premiere assets. By focusing on operators who are among the best managed, well-funded, in states with competitive advantage and high-quality assets, we believe we can build a portfolio of superior returns and minimal risk. In addition, Freehold Properties seeks to establish long term capital relationships with our operating partners by providing growth capital to facilitate their ongoing success.
- The Company’s management team, board of directors and strategic advisors have extensive experience in the cannabis industry and operated multiple publicly traded real estate investment trusts.
- Strategic provider of capital to established, growing cannabis operators with high-quality properties in attractive markets and locations.
- Rigorous investment underwriting and attractive lease terms with strong unit level financials from established tenants provide stable cash flows and limit downside.
“We formed Freehold to capitalize on the growing need for capital among the leading cannabis operators in the U.S., we intentionally focused on creating relationships with best-in-class and well- capitalized companies,” noted Don Brain, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO of Freehold Properties.
- Don Brain – Executive Chairman & CEO with 40+ total years of corporate leadership experience
- Jeff Walraven – Director & COO with 27+ total years of public accounting and public company corporate executive experience
- Louis Yi – CFO with 20+ total years of real estate investment banking and capital markets experience
- John Travis – Chief of Asset Acquisition & Management with 30+ total years of experience including service as Naval Officer and entrepreneurial, energy industry business founder
- Ben Hendren – Chief Accounting Officer with 17+ total years of experience (15 in public accounting with BDO USA, LLP) focused primarily on real estate industry
Key Accomplishments Since Formation
- Raised $43.6M in common equity via initial private placement
- Acquired multiple properties in a sale-leaseback transaction with Curaleaf
- Built an internally managed, public company ready, specialty asset net lease real estate platform
- Attracted top quality strategic advisors and independent board of directors
- Establishing partnerships with best in class tenants including an exclusive partnership with Curaleaf, the largest operator in the U.S cannabis sector by pro forma revenue
- Attractive, well located initial portfolio, with stable cash flows from high quality assets leased on a long term, triple net basis
- Cannabis is a fast-growing industry and is expected to reach approximately $25B by 2023
- Proven management team and experienced board, with an extensive history overseeing public & private real estate platforms
What’s next for Freehold Properties, Inc.
Freehold continues to attract qualified investors to execute on our actionable pipeline that is well positioned to capitalize on the immediate short-term dislocation in pricing from dearth of institutional capital available to cannabis operators seeking funding to continue their significant growth momentum.
Chief Operating Officer
Corporate & IR Administration
To learn more, please visit https://www.freeholdprop.com/